The evolution of disease resistance genes.
Several common themes have shaped the evolution of plant disease resistance genes. These include duplication events of progenitor resistance genes and further expansion to create clustered gene families. Variation can arise from both intragenic and intergenic recombination and gene conversion.
- PLANT DISEASE RESISTANCE GENES. - PubMed - NCBI.
- Plant disease resistance!
- The importance of the way stories are being told..
- The Dream of a Little Farmer Girl!
- Supplemental Content!
- Regreso a la ciudad (Julia) (Spanish Edition).
- The Ever-Loving Truth: Can Faith Thrive in a Post-Christian Culture?.
Recombination has also been implicated in the generation of novel resistance specificities. Resistance gene clusters appear to evolve more rapidly than other regions of the genome.
- Result Filters;
- Towards the Sociology of Truth!
In addition, domains believed to be involved in recognitional specificity, such as the leucine-rich repeat LRR , are subject to adaptive selection. Transposable elements have been associated with some resistance gene clusters, and may generate further variation at these complexes.
Check Access Check Access. Abstract Plant diseases can drastically abate the crop yields as the degree of disease outbreak is getting severe around the world.
Pto Pseudomonas tomato resistance. RPP5 Resistance to Peronospora parasitica 5.