James Fenimore Cooper sailed for Europe with his family on 1 June for a projected five-year visit.
- The Water-Witch or, the Skimmer of the Seas?
- The Water Witch, or The Skimmer Of the Seas.
- The Particle Detector BriefBook (Accelerator Physics)!
- Making what you have run correctly to help lower your energy costs.
He left New York with the multiple aims of securing favorable European publication agreements fo Throughout much of the nineteenth century James Fenimore Cooper was one of the most widely read novelists in the world and one of the most highly acclaimed. During his lifetime a series of well-public Biography EssayOne hundred and fifty years ago Cooper was one of the world's most widely read novelists and one of the most highly acclaimed.
During his lifetime a number of well-publicized quarrels w Download the Study Pack.
- Similar Books;
- To report this review as inappropriate, please complete this short form.;
- Publish, Preserve and Profit from Your Family Recipes!!
- The Water Witch, or The Skimmer Of the Seas by Cooper, James Fenimore.
- Study Pack.
- Deviation (The Word of God Encyclopedia Book 8).
One of only a handful of copies, possibly 8, published in this edition preceding publication in both London and Philadelphia. The first edition of The Water-Witch was printed by C.
Meinhold and Sons in Dresden for the German bookseller who styled himself Walthersche Hofbuchhandlung and then distributed to Cooper's translators and other publishers. Fenimore Cooper is to receive eight copies of each sheet as it is printed, with the right to send the said sheets to his correspondents or Publishers in those Countries where he may have arrangements to that effect, and he is to receive two complete copies of the work when finished.
According to American Book Prices Current only four other copies of this edition have appeared at auction since Of those only the Katharine B. Parsons collection sold at Sotheby's, 6 October , lot 54 has included a copy described as "in original boards"; a copy in orange gilt boards was sold Sotheby's 10 July , lot 65 ; and Pacific Book Auctions 3 November , lot sold a copy in contemporary half cloth, with "traces of pink wraps on the half-titles".
BAL ; Beard I pp.