Is the information for this product incomplete, wrong or inappropriate?
- Segundas oportunidades: Más historias de gracia (Spanish Edition).
- Top Authors.
- Religion and the Making of Modern East Asia by Thomas David DuBois.
- What You Need to Know About the "Asian century" | HuffPost.
- State of the Church.
- Trade Policies for International Competitiveness (National Bureau of Economic Research Conference Report).
- LA MONEDA FALSA (Spanish Edition).
Let us know about it. Does this product have an incorrect or missing image?
Find a copy online
Send us a new image. Is this product missing categories? Checkout Your Cart Price.
Description Details Customer Reviews Religious ideas and actors have shaped Asian cultural practices for millennia, and have played a decisive role in charting the course of its history. In this engaging and informative book, Thomas David DuBois sets out to explain how religion has influenced the political, social, and economic transformation of Asia from the fourteenth century to the present day.
New Approaches to Asian History
New Approaches to Asian History: Description Religious ideas and actors have shaped Asian cultural practices for millennia and have played a decisive role in charting the course of its history. In this engaging and informative book, Thomas David DuBois sets out to explain how religion has influenced the political, social, and economic transformation of Asia from the fourteenth century to the present.
- The Inside Edge.
- Son of Perdition - End Of This Age - Book 1 (Monsters in The Bible - Trilogy).
- Pediatrics: Rheumatology Consultation (Audio-Digest Foundation Pediatrics Continuing Medical Education (CME). Volume 59, Issue 23).
- New Approaches to Asian History: Religion and the Making of Modern East Asia Series Number 8.
- The Mystery in the Mall (The Boxcar Children Mysteries);
Crossing a broad terrain from Tokyo to Tibet, the book highlights long-term trends and key moments, such as the expulsion of Catholic missionaries from Japan, or the Taiping Rebellion in China, when religion dramatically transformed the political fate of a nation. Contemporary chapters reflect on the wartime deification of the Japanese emperor, Marxism as religion, the persecution of the Dalai Lama, and the fate of Asian religion in a globalized world.
The Best Books of Check out the top books of the year on our page Best Books of Looking for beautiful books? Visit our Beautiful Books page and find lovely books for kids, photography lovers and more.
East Asian religions - Wikipedia
Other books in this series. A Social History, Diana Lary. A Cultural History Kiri Paramore. The Asian Military Revolution: The Chinese People at War: India in the World Economy: An Environmental History of India: