Building, Defending and Regulating the Self: The Ideal, the Authentic and the Open Self.webdisk.openpress.alaska.edu/21203.php
Join Kobo & start eReading today
A Multicomponent Conceptualization of Authenticity. Green, " Transportation into Narrative Worlds: Implications for the Self.
- Book Building Defending And Regulating The Self A Psychological Perspective .
- Tom Thomson: Design for a Canadian Hero;
- The Secret Fire.
- Post navigation.
- Building, Defending, and Regulating the Self: A Psychological Perspective - Google Книги.
Eisenberger, " Conflict and Habit: Wegner, " Ideal Agency: The Perception of Self as an Origin of Action. Morf, "Reflections in Troubled Waters: Narcissism and the Vicissitudes of an Interpersonally Contextualized Self. Zanna, " Nagging Doubts and a Glimmer of Hope: Beer, " Self-conscious Emotion and Self-regulation. Nielsen Book Data Publisher's Summary This volume is about understanding the 'self' from a scientific perspective.
- From Learning Theory to Connectionist Theory: Essays in Honor of William K. Estes, Volume I; From Learning Processes to Cognitive Processes, Volume II: 001 (Communication Textbook)!
- Prollalarm in der Karibik (German Edition)?
- Heal from the Inside Out.
The self is a well-established research area in a variety of disciplines including clinical psychology, communication, developmental psychology, social psychology and sociology. The work is organized into three main approaches, the first being concerned with self-growth or self-building. This section argues for the More social and psychological benefits of becoming aware of who we truly are - for example, moving toward our ideal selves and being open to what we find around us.
The second view of self and self-change describes the self as motivated to maintain illusions and a flattering self-image. This section puts a new spin on understanding processes associated with defending the self. Lastly, the third section recognizes that we regulate everything from our food intake to our emotional responses. The chapters in this final section provide several new perspectives on regulating the self.
Implications for the Self; -Conflict and habit: Recognition of his research on self-evaluation and on thought and ruminative processes includes the Donald T.