Hand massage is a positive and meaningful way of reaching out and providing comfort to those who are elderly, ill or nearing the end of life, and it can be particularly effective for people with dementia who may respond well to positive non-verbal interaction. This book offers inspiration for all caregivers looking for an alternative way to support and connect with a family member, friend or patient in their care.
Join Kobo & start eReading today
It teaches an easy 30 minute hand massage sequence and offers clear instructions and detailed illustrations to guide the reader through each step. Combining light massage strokes with focused awareness, and paying close attention to points on energy pathways, this book introduces a structured way of sharing touch that is grounded in Western and Eastern massage traditions.
- Refine your editions:.
- Cant Get Through: Eight Barriers to Communication: 8 Barriers to Communication.
- Die schwarze Seele des Sommers: Commissario Montalbanos zehnter Fall. Roman (German Edition).
- Reward Yourself.
- Collections of the National Library of Medicine.
- 2 editions of this work!
- Comforting Touch in Dementia and End of Life Care;
Gentle touch therapy is ideal for healthcare professionals and family members alike, and has been shown to have physical and emotional benefits for both the giver and the receiver. Hand massage is a positive and meaningful way of reaching out and providing comfort to those who are elderly, Singing Dragon Bolero Ozon.
Barbara Goldschmidt (Author of Comforting Touch in Dementia and End of Life Care)
Barbara Goldschmidt , Niamh van Meines. Niamh van Meines is a nurse practitioner, currently self employed as a nurse consultant.
- Living Medicine?
- Bangkok, Thailand & Beyond (Travel Adventures)!
- Comforting Touch in Dementia and End of Life Care : Take My Hand?
She is a skilled clinical leader and educator in oncology, homecare, hospice and palliative care. She is also a licensed massage therapist and teaches massage therapy students about career development in end of life care. A Sense of Connection.
- Comforting touch in dementia and end of life care : take my hand - NLM Catalog - NCBI.
- Upcoming Events;
- HowTo Build A Successful Home Tutoring Business?
- Take My Hand.
Sharing the Benefits of Touch. The Body as Particles and Waves. Physical and Energetic Qualities of the Hand. Elements of a Session.
A Hand Massage Sequence. The Sequence and Reminders.
The Reality of Practicing. Ten Challenges to Sharing Touch.
Adapting for Different Needs.